Welcome to day 11 of Blogust 2017!
If you haven’t yet, check out yesterday’s post —-> CLICK HERE!
To catch up on all my past Blogust posts —-> CLICK HERE!
Today’s question of the day is:
Describe 10 pet peeves you have.
Well, I don’t think I have any pet peeves. I’m a pretty easy going person and things don’t really bother me that much…
Hah! Yeah right! If you believed that, then this is probably your first time reading my blog. I also have a nice bridge to show you.
If you happen to be new here then I’ll introduce myself: Hi, I’m Kirsten and I am the most opinionated person I know. I have so many pet peeves that it’s going to be a real challenge to narrow them down to just ten. I don’t know, I guess I just don’t have patience for BS. I’ve been waiting patiently all month for this question because I couldn’t wait to finally share them with the world.
Let’s just get right into it so I don’t have to wait any longer:
- STUPID IDIOT DRIVERS – I live in Florida and I swear we have the dumbest, most careless drivers in the entire United States. I don’t know how it is elsewhere, but here, they discontinued driver’s ed. So now any idiot can get their license and not have to go through a safety course. People here do NOT care about other people on the road. They don’t care about road rules or safety of any kind. They do what they have to do to get where they need to go because their time and their life is more important than others’. So who cares if everyone has to slam on their brakes so they can weave in and out of lanes? Who cares if you cause a backup? Who cares if you slam into another person’s car and cause them lifelong injury? As long as you get to where you need to go, f*ck everyone else! Driving is a huge responsibility. When you get behind the wheel you take not only your life into your hands, but the lives of everyone else on the road. I wish people would take that power more seriously. There is nowhere so important that you need to be that justifies risking a life.
- PYRAMID SCHEME BUSINESSES – We’ve all seen them, you probably have at least one friend on Facebook who has bought in to one, or five. There’s always someone who wants you to buy their leggings or vitamins or whatever. People can make good money with them if they really put their mind to it, but at the end of the day it’s a pyramid scheme and you’ve bought into it. You’re making other people way more money than you’ll ever see. You literally are doing all the work and the guy at the top is the one who reaps all the rewards. I will have no part in them. I would much rather support someone who owns their own business that they have built up and that they will get every penny they’ve earned.
- IGNORANCE – We live in an age where an infinite amount of information is literally at your finger tips. It drives me nuts when people are complacent about learning and bettering themselves or are closed off to new ways of thinking or points of view. Some people are so locked in to their narrow world view that they refuse to see any other way. I hope I never stop learning. The more we learn, the better we become and the more empathy we have for others.
- SELF-PROMOTION – You know those people who always talk themselves up, but not in a good way? The ones who are always talking about all the good things they do for others, looking for a pat on the back. Yeah, they’re the worst.
- REALITY TELEVISION – I hate most reality television shows, especially The Bachelor/Bachelorette, and any competition show (minus Top Chef).
- HGTV – I honestly couldn’t care less about watching people buy homes and renovate homes. Also, people who watch these shows love to talk about these shows, which is not so much a pet peeve as an observation.
- DRUNK PEOPLE – Don’t even get me started. They’re just… awful. At least the ones who get so drunk that they’re falling down and getting douchey and touchy and just ugh! I don’t go to bars or clubs or anything like that because I don’t want to be around that kind of garbage.
- DOGS OFF LEASHES – This one might be circumstantial, but in my neighborhood there used to be a bunch of houses that just let their (big) dogs run around off-leash. One house had three German shepherds that just prowled the neighborhood. Okay, you may trust your dog around you, but you never know how they may react in every situation. Not everyone is okay with having a strange dog run up to them even if they are nice.
- FANDOMS – There’s this huge trend right now with the tweens and teens of this generation where they latch on to an Internet personality and make them ridiculously famous. All the while attacking anyone online that dares speak against them or that exposes them for who they really are — an idiot making a name for themselves by doing dumb things. There’s also this disgusting trend of entitlement with YouTube fandoms, where they think that they’ve “made” someone successful so they should get to control them. If they don’t do something they like, then they must destroy them. It’s so gross. What happened to just liking someone and hanging their poster on your wall? Just the whole outrage-culture way of thinking that people nowadays have is unbelievable.
- CONDESCENDING PEOPLE – Some people don’t even realize they’re being condescending, but then others are just blatantly being condescending. For example: the amount of total strangers who have come up to me and patted me on the back and given me a pity-smile is staggering.
- HATING SOMETHING JUST TO HATE IT – Whether you’re just trying to be cool by not liking something that’s popular or hating it because you liked it before it was popular and hate that you’re not the only one anymore. Just like what you like and stop worrying about whether anyone else likes it or doesn’t like it.
- PEOPLE WHO COMPLAIN ABOUT EVERYTHING – Wait… what?
Well that’s all for this one. Thank you so much for reading!
Until next time,