Alright, so I’m going to do it – I’m committing to Blogust! I’m not even sure if people still do this anymore, as I don’t really follow many blogs… but oh well. I know if I didn’t do it, I would end up regretting it, especially since I’ve been able to complete it for the last two years and it always felt like such a big accomplishment. I could use a win like that right now, so I am going to put myself in the game. I even made a cute little banner (my graphic designer is showing), as you’ll see at the top of the post. Hey, you have to make things fun to keep you motivated! Haha!
If you haven’t read my big update from yesterday, go and read that before you read this post —-> CLICK HERE
Also if you want to catch up on previous years Blogust posts, check out those links below:
I seriously cannot believe it’s August. I get that time passes quickly the older you get, and every year it’s always incredible how fast time goes by, but dang, it really does feel like 2017 is absolutely flying.
For this year’s Blogust, in addition to answering a question from the Get to Know Me Questionnaire every day, my posts are going to be more journal-like and stream of consciousness, and less talking about one particular subject. I’m still planning on those too, like Movie/Music Mondays and book reviews, but my creative block is still hanging around and I feel like brain dumps are all I am able to get out at this time.
Now let’s get to the *Question of the Day* because it’s a big question and counts as today’s post:
LIST 20 RANDOM FACTS ABOUT YOURSELF
- I hate the month of August. I don’t know what it is, maybe it’s that I always went back to school in August, or that it’s the hottest and (seemingly) longest month here in Florida, but I hate it.
- According to Pottermore, I would be sorted into Gryffindor. After I read the Harry Potter series last year, I went on Pottermore and found out that my house would be Gryffindor, and my Patronus is a white stallion. My Ilvermony house is Thunderbird, and my wand is Laurel wood with a phoenix core – 10 inches with rigid flexibility. You know… if the wizarding world were real and all.
- I am very picky about food. A lot of it is taste preference, but a good chunk of it comes from the fact that a lot of foods don’t agree with me. Almost everything I eat makes me sick after, unless it’s mild and plain. It suits me most of the time because I don’t like a lot of seasoning on things anyway, but other times I hate that I have to think about it so much.
- I am a compulsive list maker. I love making lists and when there are a lot of things going on around me or that I need to get done, it helps me relax. I discovered the Bullet Journal community last year and it has really been something I’ve found to really work for me.
- I get annoyed by people who have no common sense or just basic decency. Common sense and being a decent person just seem like they should come naturally, but it constantly amazes me at the level of stupidity some people rise to. Or on the other hand the level of just nastiness people can stoop to — especially on the internet!
- I have a weird fear of stuffed animals and dolls. I think it’s the beady eyes.
- I. Hate. Balloons. I am a very jumpy person and balloons make my anxiety spike to 100. If I’m in a room with those latex balloons, I cannot relax. Mylar balloons are okay though.
- I’m never comfortable temperature-wise. I am either sweating or freezing, there is never an in between. Living in Florida doesn’t help because those are basically the only two temperatures you ever feel anyway. Sweltering outdoors, freezing indoors.
- The sound of people whispering drives. me. nuts! I hate when I’m whispered to – it just makes me cringe so hard. And also I hate when I hear people whispering, especially if they do it right in front of me and I am the only person in the room. I feel like they’re talking about me, or that I am missing out on something.
- I hate cilantro like it’s my job. Someday I will run a smear campaign against cilantro. I will do everything in my power to make it a banned substance. Don’t be fooled by coriander, it’s just a fancy name for cilantro.
- I’m a confrontational person. It’s not necessarily as bad as it sounds. I hate when things are unresolved and words are unsaid. I’d much rather just attack the problem head-on. If someone has an issue with me, I’d rather hear it directly from them so we can work it out instead of being passive about it. And vice versa, if I have an issue I’d much rather talk to them and not have it silently bottle up. Picking your battles is also important though, I do realize that.
- I’m happiest staying in and watching Netflix. Going out is cool but I’d always rather stay home and catch up on YouTube and Netflix.
- I value loyalty. Not to sound like Tony Soprano or anything, but I’d just rather be around people who you know will treat you the same in front of your face as behind your back.
- I am a terrible driver… of my wheelchair. Sometimes anyway. I’ve been driving my wheelchair for 27 years, and I still run into walls and doorways.
- I love the ocean, but not being at the ocean. I love to go to the beach and see the ocean, but I hate being on the beach. I don’t understand how people can sit there for hours in the hot sun. I just like to look at it, and listen to it from afar… in a hotel room or condo.
- The sky is my favorite. I love the sky – I’ve talked about it in a few blog posts. I just think it’s one of the most fascinating things in this world. I am obsessed with weather; photographing clouds and videoing storms is a huge pasttime of mine. For a long time as a kid I wanted to be a storm chaser (after watching Twister like five thousand times), or a meteorologist. I love astronomy and anything that has to do with all that stuff.
- I’d rather spend my money on movies and books. Some people like shoes, or purses, or makeup, or whatever floats their boat. But any extra money I have goes toward more books and movies. Mostly books though.
- I want to travel. A huge goal of mine is to see the Grand Canyon – I’ve wanted to go since I was 10-years-old. But I also just want to road trip around the United States, period. I’d also love to go to London and Scotland. Paris is also on my list, but I’ve read a lot of things that say it isn’t very wheelchair friendly.
- I have an opinion on everything. Don’t ask what it is unless you really want to hear it.
- I apparently have one of those faces that everyone wants to tell their life story to. I am terribly nervous in social situations, but that’s okay because I seem to attract people who love to do all the talking, so win-win. Plus I do like hearing people’s stories. Everyone has unique experiences and it’s nice to learn some of them.
That’s all for this one. Thank you so much for reading! Leave a comment with some random facts about yourself if you are so inclined.
Until next time,